This seven-week one-credit summer course surveys the development of Western art and music from ancient times to the present. Because the course incorporates basic instruction in drawing, painting, and music theory, students are able to closely study works by the masters. Open to students in grades 6-12.
- Sketchbook (9″x12″ is a good size)
- Drawing pencils (basic set, with charcoal)
- Heavy paper (cardstock or artists’ painting paper)
- Acrylic paints (at least black, white, red, blue, yellow)
- Paint brushes (mix of large, medium, and fine tips)
- Optional: old shirt to protect clothes while painting
Image: (c) 2015 Grace Hughbanks – Interior of the Duomo, Florence, Italy